Best, most well-prepared and thoughtful planning event of the year.
The Joint Planning Law Conference for planning law professionals
The September JPLC conference is always something to look forward to, with its combination of informative talks at the Oxford Union, the opportunity to meet old and new friends at formal and informal social events.
This year we are covering a wide range of planning related issues including climate change, housing, and infrastructure delivery and providing technical and practical knowledge to help us all in our day to day work.
- If you are unable to attend this year sign up below to be part of the JPLC community.
- If you/your organisation is interested in supporting the conference in way of sponsorship or supporting our 'next gen scheme' for 2023 please email for further details.
The Annual Conference
JPLC Oxford: Connecting the professions - dissecting the issues
The Joint Planning Law Conference (JPLC) – known as “The Oxford Conference” – brings together leading experts from across the four key professions in planning.
Attended each year by town planners, chartered surveyors, solicitors, barristers, and developers, with an interest in planning law and environmental issues, the 51st JPLC promises vibrant multi-disciplinary discussion on the latest issues affecting the planning industry. If you’re interested in planning and environmental issues, you’ll be in good company.
- Embodied Carbon - What's the big issue and why is it important to planning
- Renewable Energy Development - A bright and breezy future?
- Daylight and Sunlight: a new dawn?
- Reform Tomorrow: What is the latest from governent?
- A View from Hillside: How the Supreme Court is Shaping Planning in Practice.
- Legal Update: Key issues emerging from cases over the past year.